A really personal post
roommates troubles, does it ever end? It would if someone would grow a pair.
Sorry not sorry.
Hello my loyal followers! I am sorry that I have not been able to update as much as I would have liked. Life is happening, and it is taking me along for the ride.
I thought I would share a list of life lessons I have found on tumblr and really enjoy and add my own commentary on the side. I hope that you enjoy it and are able to take something from it.
1.There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs is not one of them. (never cancel dinner plans by text message)
2. dont knock it until you try it. (Do not be afraid to try something new)
3. If a street performer makes you stop walking, you owe him a buck.
always use ‘we’ when referring to your home team or your government.
when entrusted with a secret, keep it.
dont underestimate free throws in a game of horse.
just because you can doesnt mean you should.
dont dumb it down,
You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.
If youre staying more than one night, unpack.
never park in front of a bar.
Expect the seat in front of you to recline. prepare accordingly.
keep a picture of your first fish, first car, first boy/girlfriend.
hold your heroes to a high standard.
a suntan is earned, not bought.
never lie to your doctor.
all guns are loaded.
dont mention sunburns. believe me they know.
The best way to show thanks is to wear it. even if its only once.
take a vacation off your cell phone, internet, and tv once a year.
dont fill up on bread, no matter how good.
a handshake beats an autograph.
dont linger in the doorway. in or out.
if you choose to go in drag, dont sell yourself short.
if you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
never get your hair cut the day of a special event.
be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. always buy good shoes, tires, and sheets.
never eat your lunch at your desk if you can avoid it.
when you’re with new friends, dont just talk about old friends.
eat lunch with your kids.
when traveling, keep your wits about you.
it’s hnever too late for an apology.
dont pose with bozze.
if you have the right of way, take it.
you dont get to choose your own nickname.
37. When you marry someone, remember you marry their entire family.
38. Never push someone off a dock.
39. Under no circumstances should you ask a woman if she’s pregnant.
40. It’s not enough to be proud of your ancestry; live up to it.
41. Don’t make a scene.
42. When giving a thank you speech, short and sweet is best.
43. Know when to ignore the camera.
44. Never gloat.
45. Invest in good luggage.
46. Make time for your mom on your birthday. It’s her special day, too.
47. When opening presents, no one likes a good guesser.
48. Sympathy is a crutch, never fake a limp.
49. Give credit. Take blame.
50. Suck it up every now and again.
51. Never be the last one in the pool.
52. Don’t stare.
53. Address everyone that carries a firearm professionally.
54. Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
55. If you’ve made your point, stop talking.
56. Admit it when you’re wrong.
57. If you offer to help don’t quit until the job is done.
58. Look people in the eye when you thank them.
59. Thank the bus driver.
60. Never answer the phone at the dinner table.
61. Forgive yourself for your mistakes.
62. Know at least one good joke.
63. Don’t boo. Even the ref is somebody’s son.
64. Know how to cook one good meal.
65. Learn to drive a stick shift.
66. Be cool to younger kids. Reputations are built over a lifetime.
67. It’s okay to go to the movies by yourself.
68. Dance with your mother/father.
69. Don’t lose your cool. Especially at work.
70. Always thank the host.
71. If you don’t understand, ask before it’s too late.
72. Know the size of your boy/girlfriend’s clothes.
73. There is nothing wrong with a plain t-shirt.
74. Be a good listener. Don’t just wait for your turn to talk.
75. Keep your word.
76. In college, always sit in the front. You’ll stand out immediately. (its only approx. 4 years of your life. Make connections. You may regret it later if you do not)
77. Carry your mother’s bags. She carried you for nine months.
78. Be patient with airport security. They’re just doing their jobs.
79. Don’t be the talker in a movie. (its just rude)
80. The opposite sex likes people who shower. (everyone likes everyone who showers)
81. You are what you do, not what you say. (Actions speak louder than words)
82. Learn to change a tire. (you never know when you may need to do it for yourself or someone else.)
83. Be kind. Everyone has a hard fight ahead of them. (truth)
84. An hour with grandparents is time well spent. Ask for advice when you need it.
85. Don’t litter. (be kind to the Earth)
86. If you have a sister, get to know her boyfriend. Your opinion is important.
87. You won’t always be the strongest or the fastest. But you can be the toughest.
88. Never call someone before 9am or after 9pm. (It only makes them worry unless it is really exciting news and it cannot wait. Or the person has said that it is okay)
89. Buy the orange properties in Monopoly.
90. Make the little things count. (You never know when a little thing can become a big thing in life)
91. Always wear a bra at work.
92. There is a fine line between looking sultry and slutty. Find it.
93. You’re never too old to need your mom.
94. Ladies, if you make the decision to wear heels on the first date, commit to keeping them on and keeping your trap shut about how much your feet kill.
95. Know the words to your national anthem. (It is embarrassing if you don’t)
96. Your dance moves might not be the best, but I promise making a fool of yourself is more fun then sitting on the bench alone.
97. Smile at strangers. (You may be the only one that does)
98. Make goals. (personal, social, ect. To do lists and goals can only help you if you make them and are willing to use them)
99. Being old is not dictated by your bedtime (even if you think it is)
100. If you have to fight, punch first and punch hard.
Hi followers. If you are new to the blog, welcome! If you are returning, welcome! :)
I thought I would give an update on how my week is going so far and how I am still trying to find humanity once again in the little things in life.
My week started of on a high note, I was having an AMAZING week. Yesterday it took a turn for the worst when I lost one of my jobs that I love.
I was reminder that I have amazing friends and I am very thankful for them. They turned my week right side up away and allowed me to continue on my week being happy and cheerful. Or well…trying to be.
Here are a couple of highlights from the past day or two. In list form of course in no particular order.
1. My friend and I made muffins at her house which also turned into cookies. They were an oatmeal chocolate chip muffin mix which turned into a banana + pancake mix + oatmeal chocolate chip muffin mix + milk + water + egg when all you needed was the water, egg and mix itself. They were amazing in taste and in design!
2. Tomorrow night I am going back to bake cupcakes for one of my housemates birthdays. We are going to design the cupcakes as apples as part of the theme ‘back to school’. Rainbow cupcakes from a mix, vanilla icing with red food dye and sprinkles with gummy worms coming out of the apple and a pretzel for a stem. I hope that they turn out as good as they sound.
3. I went to go see the Great Gasby tonight. I will admit parts of it were a little boring at times but overall it was a good movie. It was playing at a small loyal theatre and it was cheaper than going to a regular movie theatre. Plus it is not in regular theatres anymore. There has been a lot of talk about the sound track from it and I LOVED it! Once a music nerd, always a music nerd.
4. The crazy weather we are having right now speaks for itself.
Until next time,
100 post landmark.
I am not sure if I am writing this because I really want to or because I want to keep reblogging things on this bog that I like. I am going to settle and say that it is definitely a bit of both.
I wanted to say thank you for all of my loyal followers that have been there since the beginning and those who have followed me along the way. I am grateful for each and every one of you.
I was going to come up with a post of ‘100 things about me’ but that is a little too personal for my liking at the moment and it would be a very weird list. Therefore, stay tune for a hundred life tips written by someone else but with side notes by yours truly.
Until next time,